Osmocom-bb Making a call

rola roladunjoye at gmail.com
Sun May 20 02:33:00 UTC 2012

First we are in the same shoe of fixing prim.c and I can assure you that if
you
find anyone that respond you must be lucky.

Secondly, you jumped the gun by making call when you very well know that
MS has not camped on any cell. There is no point in going ahead, just relax
take your time and open the damn code as only solution proffer for a case
as yours and mine.

Just to give a nudge, find more information about gsm servcie in your
location,
get a registered sim that work with 900Mhz. If you are lucky that the band
function
in your area, then set sim parameter too 900 band only and make use of stick
option
AFRCN. I believe by that OBB should work for you.

However, if you are so unlucky as I am with PCS band only working in my
area, then you
will have to roll up your sleeve, google GSM 03.22 TS and read through it.
That will
give you an idea of IDLE MODE state work. After that, bury yourself in OBB
code and open
file gsm322.c where the IDLE MODE is implemented. Doing this I assumed that
you are
already familiar with basic GSM technology. Thus, you can troubleshoot what
might be the
issue and find solution to it.

That is my best recipes for you now cause I am as well still battling with
the actual issue
you are having. If thing works out for you please let me know.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Rasak