osmocon idling with C155 when using bus pirate

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:10:26 UTC 2012

> A Motorola C155 is hooked up to my computer via a bus pirate as per the
> official instructions, everything is properly wired and the phone seems to
> work.

The "bus pirate" is nothing official ... someone managed to make it
work for him and put the info on the wiki and that's about it. It's
completely "use at your own risk".

> However, Osmocon neither indicates the presence of any data being sent
> or received when attempting to communicate with the phone; it just idles. Is
> there any extra logic in the cable? Any help would be appreciated.

Get a real cable from sysmocom. 99 percent of people's problem come
from the cable and we're tired of debugging those.

If you want to debug it your self, knock yourself out. I'd recommend
to put a logic analyzer on the pin and look what's there.

Cheers,

    Sylvain