Custom calypso board

Mathias K. kesmtp at freenet.de
Wed Jul 11 20:00:10 UTC 2012

On 11.07.2012 14:51, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 01:38:29PM +0200, Mathias K. wrote:
>
>> Do you mean the x16 with full-size PCIe?
>
> I was thinking of x1 or x4.  I already have done some other board with
> x1 PCIe, so the footprint is already present.
>
> However, now that I think of it, PCIe requires PCB thickness to be
> different (1.5mm) from what we are hading for (more like .8 or 1mm).

Your plan to use a 1.00mm thickness instead of the default 1.55mm increase the price by around 50%
on, as example, WEdirekt. Why you need this thickness? Most time this is really useless and only
increase the board costs. You should also think about bending, bga and small thickness.

Regards,

Mathias