Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Fabio Pasini fabio.pasini at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:14:56 UTC 2012

>Since no other open source AP projects run on the Calypso and fit
>the Motorola phones this is the exact discussion that has already
>happened in this thread. Check out the archives.
Please, would it be possible to include here a link for the other thread
discussing that matter?
The main question posted by Harald Welte,
("whether we focus on  the Openmoko FreeRunner / Neo1973 phones, or the
Motorola/Compal C1xx phones")
remais open, or that other thread Benjamin mentioned have some detail that
resolves Harald's first post?
The previous message somehow halted the discussion...

So far, it seems that Motorola/Compal C1xx have more adepts:
- Peter Stuge - Dec 11, 2011; 12:11pm
- Andreas Eversberg - Dec 11, 2011; 3:18pm
- Scott Weisman - Dec 12, 2011; 8:17am
Did I missed someone?

>But maybe the best thing is to actually stat working on the power
>management aspects, as we will need them in both cases.
That would add even more momentum to the project.
And perhaps bring up other details to help choosing between
Motorola/OpenMoko.

Best regards,
Fábio