Custom calypso board

R M rm.engineer84 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 07:19:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

>  * expose JTAG
>  * board-edge connector for plugging many boards into one backplane
>  * external clock input / buffered clock output
>  * RF connector standard u.fl or SMA or optionally separate Rx/Tx?
>  * I2C/SPI and both UARTs available on headers
>  * on-board EEPROM for storing persistent data, even beyond NOR flashing
>  * SIM card slot, SIM interface also present on header
>  * additional / unused TPU ports
>  * header for TSP / TPU and all data/control interfaces between iota/rita/calypso
>  * RTC crystal and footprint for lithium backup battery
>  * version of the board with uplink / downlink filters switched

I would suggest the board to have a connector that sends the  I Q
signals from say openbts directly to the dsp so that there wiil not be
a  need a usrp or any other rf board/singal generator to send the
signal through the SMA connector.

I would also suggest that DSP code be modified and not placed in DSP
ROM. This would help in writing our own dsp code and make the software
totally opensource.

Regards,
RM