What does FBSB RESP: result=255 mean?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:45:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Running ccch_scan or bcch_scan in the sylvain/burst_ind branch, I keep
> getting this error:

bcch_scan doesn't make sense on burst_ind. Only ccch_scan is meant to
do anything useful, all the other apps may do random things becaue
they're not meant for use in burst_ind.

> <000c> l1ctl.c:114 FBSB RESP: result=255
>
> I tried checking the code, but I can't quite figure out what's going on.  It
> looks like 255 is an error code, but I don't know where to go from there.

It just means failure to sync ...

Most likely the ARFCN you gave doesn't carry a valid C0.

Note that it's only tested on 900/1800. US band support is not tested
and probably not functional especially in burst_ind. Fixing it is left
as an exercise to the reader ...

> This may be related to my SIM card being locked (I think).  Running mobile on
> the sylvain/testing branch, I get:
>
> <0005> subscriber.c:625 PIN is required, 3 tries left
>
> Will not having the PIN intefere with ccch_scan as well?

No.

Cheers,

    Sylvain