MTK and Infineon-based phones

Martin Hinner martin at hinner.info
Sat Nov 26 13:25:19 UTC 2011

Harald,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Economically, the question is:
> * what is the price of the required qty of calypso based phones
>        vs
> * what is the amount of work needed for porting to MTK

yes, you are right. One more thing is in my mind, will China produce
enough Calypso-based phones forever? I found 10 MTK-based phones on
the market, but not even one TI-based.The problem is that I cannot
make any assumptions about amount of work needed to do the l1 task,
that's why I asked on the list.

[ One more thing, what about making a page on Wiki that lists various
phone models with used chips? I can add what I have found so far. ]

> Some developers have already put quite a bit of effort into the MTK
> chipset side, and even though we don't have the register-level data
> sheets of all of the ABB chips and the DBB data sheets do not cover
> anything on the details of the DSP/ARM API interface, I think it is the
> most promising architecture.

Can you point me right direction? I have found some MTK code in git,
but there is no documentation at all, etc.

Martin