Diff between TWL3014 and TWL3025

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 21:13:39 UTC 2011

> I remember seeing somewhere that Iota's successor was/is Syren,
> whereas its predecessor in the ABB role was Nausica.  But if TWL3016
> and TWL3025 are both Iotas, which chip is then Syren?  Does anyone
> know?

I always tought that Iota was a generic designation for then ABB in
the TI leonardo platform.
And then you also had specific codenames for the individual chips:
Syren is the TWL3016.
Triton is TWL3029.

But from re-reading various docs, it indeed might be a wrong
impression and Iota designation seems specific to TWL3014.

But seriously ... who cares ... If you need to refer to a specific
chip model, use the part number and not some obscure name.

Cheers,

    Sylvain