Funding from CELF to work on Osmocom integration

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:11:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Just some quick notes to whoever will apply for the task :

> - expose and glue a more "UI-developer-friendly" API, probably closer
>  to the Telnet interface (see layer23/src/mobile/vty_interface.c)

I think Andreas has worked on a external MNCC interface, so that's
probably what would be use to drive it externally.

Maybe some other glue (either through the vty, or some other like the
danielif branch of openbsc) for the debug info and things not really
call interface would still be needed (network scan / status / ...)

> - make sure everything is as reliable as possible (eg baseband
>  initialization...)

There is still a lot that the L1 doesn't do properly (and that it's
hard to do properly without some serious change in the way we do
things), like DRX, DTX, proper/reliable TS change, handovers,
neighbour monitoring (actually in-call pwr monitoring is in progress,
but you'd need sch/bcch probing of neigh in IDLE mode as well).

Cheers,

   Sylvain