Layer3 interaction

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:11:35 UTC 2011

> Before you start, I suggest contacting the  baseband-devel list to get
> some input... I bet andreas and sylvain have great ideas how this could
> e integrated best.

I guess something like openbsc / openbts would be good : Some vty
command to establish a 'bare' channel and exchange L3 packets on a UDP
socket with external application ?

Or possibly map that to TCP / (DCCP ?) connection: When an application
connects, it establishes a channel to the BTS then you exchange
packets and when you close the socket it releases it.

In any case both should be fairly easy to implement using the
ccch_scan code as base.

Cheers,

    Sylvain Munaut