Cygwin Windows --> Accessing serial port.

Otten, John E. john.otten at gd-ais.com
Mon Jun 6 18:43:28 UTC 2011

Don't hold the power on button.  You should just press and release the power button to start the bootloader.

Regards,
John

Hi,

Thanks.
I was able to access the serial port.

I ran the following command

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyS5 -m c123xor  ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/hello_world.compalram.bin in cygwin

I then held the power on button of the phone for some time. I got some output on the cygwin console.It isn't the expected output as per the wiki.

 After disconnecting, I tried to run the same command and nothing is happening.

Can some one please suggest me what steps I need to take to solve the problem.

I am using  Motorola C115 phone.

Regards,
RM
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Dieter Spaar <spaar at mirider.augusta.de<mailto:spaar at mirider.augusta.de>> wrote:
Hello Harald,

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 08:46:50 +0200, "Harald Welte" <laforge at gnumonks.org<mailto:laforge at gnumonks.org>> wrote:

> i have never heard of somebody doing this on windows 7.  Almost everyone
> here uses Linux or MacOS.  And the only prominent Windows user involved
> in the project is working with Windows XP.
At least on my Cygwin installation under Windows XP the serial port
is accessible as "/dev/ttySx" (x is "0" for COM1, "1" for COM2 and
so on). All the USB to serial converters I am aware of are virtual
COM ports on Windows which means that they are accessible the same
way, e.g. if the virtual COM port is "COM7" it can be be accessed
as "/dev/ttyS6",

Best regards,
 Dieter
--