Mediatek MT6235 status (Sciphone G2)

Marius Cirsta mforce2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 14:27:59 UTC 2011

 From what I understand MT6235 has just one ARM926EJS processor and a
DSP.  This probably means that the it runs both the application and
the GSM stack on a single CPU , right ?
 I read in an article about Symbian that it's able to do this because
it's a realtime OS but to my knowledge Linux is not ( hence the GSM
stack runs on a second processor in Android phones ). Now I also know
there's a realtime Linux kernel but the question is would it be
possible to run both the application and GSM stack together on the
MT6235 under Linux.
 Please excuse my question if they're newbish.

 Thanks.