GRPS decode - trying to download firmware to C123

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Aug 29 07:23:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 01:55:59AM +0200, Lukas Kuzmiak wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken pl2303 based cables have/had problems handling baudrates
> above 115200, there was a recent update into the kernel tree, but I've never
> tested it.

the problem is not "[standard] baud rates above 115200" but it is
"non-standard baud-rates at all".  Normal USARTs have baud-rate
generators that can only generate baud-rates "input_clock / divider"
where divider is either an integer, or even more: limited to a power of 2

The calypso cannot do any standard baud-rates above 115200.  That's why
you need a USART with more flexible baud rate generator.  The most
commonly known one to do this is the FTDI series of USB-serial
converters.