simtrac hw

ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info ml at mail.tsaitgaist.info
Mon Nov 22 00:39:07 UTC 2010

thanks for the feedback and recommendations

I added the JTAG and debug connectors. I hope it will not use more then
2 layers in the end, so normal people can build the pcb at home.

I could not login/register on the osmocom trac wiki to put the files
there. Here the current version :
https://gsm.tsaitgaist.info/SIMtrac/v0.2/trac.ps
I now use this direct link (it could take some time until the DN is
spread over all DNS)

I did not yet add the MiM solution, because there are still have some
open aspects :
MiM :
- should it use the clock provider by the reader
- or should we provided our own clock (3.8432MHz/9600bps for simplicity)
using the reader clock would provide better timing but cold be harder to
do (I don't know well this chip yet)

emulation :
- how to know what the user wants (sniff vs emulation) if the mode is
combined with the sniffer ?
- the user has to tell the program
- or by detecting the presence of a card (provided by the id-1 socket,
but some tricks have to be used for the id-000 socket)
- or by having a switch with 3 modes (sniff,emulation,MiM) (my favorite
solution)

I did a very simple PCB just to test the sniffer. I will take time to
get a good design for the promising SIMtrac.

kevin