Linux + u-boot port to MT6235

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Nov 8 17:00:06 UTC 2010

Hi Steve,

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 03:45:28PM +0100, Steve Markgraf wrote:

> today I received the Sciphone G2 and 'hacked' the headphone cable
> into a serial cable (which worked quite well, compared to the
> Mobistel).
>
> osmocon worked on the first try. I only had to modify the UART_BASE
> address in my mtk test code (steve-m/mtk_hack). (log attached)

this is great news. It means people without JTAG (and without soldering wires
to test pads on the PCB) will be able to participate by simply loading code via
the serial port.

I can't wait until I receive the Sciphone G2 boards from Wolfgang

Right now I've been soldering some wires to the test pads next to the MT6227 of
the Mobistel EL570, I'm quite sure they also have JTAG on it.  I'm planning to
compare the GSM part of the 622x and 6235 as per the data sheet next.  I hope
they are reasonably similar, which would mean any testing  / development we do
on the 622x could later be leveraged to the 6235.