calibration (was Re: update on layer 3 work)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu May 13 16:39:04 UTC 2010

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 02:58:36PM +0200, Andreas.Eversberg wrote:

> also there is something i am wondering: calibration especially for the
> burst signal phase is measured and then stored on the eeprom by the
> manufacturer. do we use it? or do we need to do our own calibration?

there is no eeprom, it is stored in the same nor flash as the software is.

we have not yet been able to clearly identify and decode the parameters that
they store.  Without knowing the exact parameters and their interpretation,
it will not be possible to use them from our software.

compal/motorola doesn't seem to use the standard method of storing those
parameters in the FFS (flash file system) at the end of the image, but rather
somewhere else :/

So yes, at the moment we will either use default parameters or have to
calibrate the phones individually.

Cheers from Iceland,