AW: Osmoloader stored in Flash?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon May 3 17:32:53 UTC 2010

Hi Marco,

On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 07:17:59PM +0200, Rust, Marco wrote:

> >well, at first: the "-m romload"-switch is only intended for phones
> >which use the TI Romloader (which the Compal phones don't, and is called
> >"Romloader" because its stored in the maskrom of the Calypso).
>
> I thought both modes are supported.

The calypso always supports booting from rom _BUT_ the nIBOOT pin determines
whether it boots from external NOR flash or from internal mask-rom.

Since that pin is hard-wired on the circuit board, you will only be able to
activate the calypso romloader on our supported motorola/compal phones if you
unsolder the Calypso BGA package, do some re-work and re-solder it ;)

Generally speaking: As far as I know, only prom (the original author) has been
using/testing the flash support so far.  Only he would be able to know what
is supposed to work right now and what isn't.