SIM card cuttingg

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Mar 17 13:46:31 UTC 2010

Hi Dexter,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 01:23:38PM +0100, dexter wrote:

> Where is the problem? Just cut it - its thin plastic ;-)

it works for one or two cards for personal use, sure.  But what if we
e.g. want to hand out our own SIM cards at an event like a CCC congress
or HAR2009 ?  In that case, we would have to cut hundreds of cards
manually, not a really great exercise.  I personally like roh's proposal
for using the CNC to create our own punching tool sooner or later.

However, of course, once again agreeing with roh: We first need a
working implementation of the SIM card that can work on inexpensive
cards like funcard.