Trouble building Osmocom

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Jun 9 04:31:46 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 11:24 PM, Nordin wrote:
> Silvain,
>
> Yes I agree with you, but I just want to note that we have to encourage
> beginners to keep trying and learning.
> Especially when one comes from the Windows world like me, where
> everything builds magically in Visual Studio (debugging is a joy in
> there ;-)
> Never programmed in Linux, never used git, gdb, vim, etc... and now, I
> begin to rock a little bit, thnx to OpenBSC and you guys  ;-)

Hi Nordin,

I wouldn't have the skills I have now if it wouldn't be due to others
help. And of course I know file and uname and it is new to others. The
biggest problem I have is judging is someone is just lazy, or if there
is someone who is slow to start but eager to learn.

how would you figure that out?

z.

PS: Would you be willing to help me to go through the documentation and
provide some more getting started information? At least two have
downloaded a wrong toolchain, I am pretty sure this will happen again.