where are current repo versions of UHD, openBTS and Gnuradio?

Martin O'Shield martin at windycitysdr.com
Sat Nov 2 11:25:25 UTC 2013

Robert,

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Alexander Chemeris <
alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Robert Light <robert.light at gmx.de> wrote:

> > Hi, I am aware of Commotion-OpenBTS and I even gave it a try, however for
> > some reason it does not detect my usrp1.
>

> > Are there more detailed instructions on how to use it?
> > I simply put it on a USB stick with unetbootin, no persistance (adding
> > persistance would be nice). When booted it does the configuration
> > succesfully, but what to do after that ?

Utilizing Commotion's ISO file, once you have selected which SDR device you
are using, and it " Configures " itself, open up a terminal, if its not
already open, and do a lsusrp to see if your system finds it.

If so, then do a locate openbts and launch it from there.

> > Commotion-OpenBTS is a great idea, if I could only get it to work.
>
> You could probably ask at the Commotion mailing list. I don't have
> much experience with it, unfortunately.

This isn't a bad idea.

> > Alexander, Will GnuRadio 3.6 work with usrp1 and osmoBTS or openBTS?
>
> Any recent GnuRadio version works with UHD driver, which supported USRP1.
>
> Osmocom and OpenBTS require libusrp to work with USRP1, which is not
> available in GnuRadio 3.6.

Yes but there is a way of getting all GnuRadio 3.4.3 > to work with LibUSRP
I'll post when I am done configuring this but it'll be a minute...