where are current repo versions of UHD, openBTS and Gnuradio?

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 07:33:30 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Robert Light <robert.light at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi, Can someone point me to the current repo of  UHD, openBTS and Gnuradio ?
> I found several locations especially for openBTS and UHD i.e.:
> "-b gprs-exp https://github.com/fairwaves/openbts-2.8.git"
> "-b gprs-exp https://github.com/chemeris/openbts-p2.8.git"
> "-b umtrx https://github.com/chemeris/openbts-p2.8.git"
> So which one of the above is correct?

Official repos are at "fairwaves" user. Repos in my github has more
experimental branches, which you most likely don't need at this time.

git clone https://github.com/fairwaves/openbts-2.8.git
(branch umtrx)

> "https://github.com/chemeris/UHD-Fairwaves.git"
> "https://github.com/fairwaves/UHD-Fairwaves.git"
> Again, which one of the above is correct?

git clone https://github.com/fairwaves/openbts-2.8.git
(branch fairwaves/umtrx)

> I assume the below is correct:
> "wget
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/attachments/download/279/gnuradio-3.4.2.tar.gz"

The latest GnuRadio from 3.6 series works well for us.

> I need a version of  UHD, openBTS and Gnuradio that will run with both USRP1
> and UmTRX at the same time. I mean, one of them connected at a time, but I
> do not want to have two computers with separate installations for usrp1 and
> UmTRX.

Above versions should work.

> Can I configure openBTS with --with-usrp1 --with-singledb  --with-uhd  ?
> I mean, can I enable usrp1 and uhd at the same time ?
> How to switch then between usrp1 and UmTRX ?

No, that's not possible.
But given the fact that OpenBTS doesn't require to be installed, it's
easy to have two copies for different configurations.

That said, I recommend you to look into using Osmocom software instead
of OpenBTS or in addition to OpenBTS, which is more stable and is
evolving very fast:
http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/network_from_scratch

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио