Fun Cube Dongle Pro internals

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Jun 2 14:57:31 UTC 2011

Hi Hunz,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:19:52AM +0200, Benedikt Heinz wrote:
> > The results are available at
> > http://tetra.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Funcube_Dongle
>
> That's quite interesting as the E4000 seems to handle all the analog
> stuff without external LNA, etc.  Simplifies things a lot.

yes, one of those highly integrated silicon tuners.  Lots of voodoo, no
documentation.  welcome to the brave new world :(

> I wasn't able to find the output bandwidth of the E4000 somewhere on
> the website. Do you have an idea of the bw?

i think this was answered before.  in the QT gui application you can
select something like up to 21 MHz.  And as it is intended as a DVB
tuner, I would expect usual DVB bandwidths.

> I really would be interested in such a dongle w/ faster ADCs.
> What do you think?

As indicated on IRC/jabber, some of the 'usual suspects' are already
looking into this.  it's too early to commit to anything, though.