Issues with rtl_tcp

Simeon Miteff simeon.miteff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 07:43:09 UTC 2012

Hi Scott

On 09/27/12 09:05, Scott Cutler wrote:
> It appears that both of my problems are nearly the same: the "worker
> cond timeout" happens because the first thing my program does is set the
> sample rate, which takes a whopping 2.58 seconds.  This apparently
> delays rtlsdr_callback long enough that the timeout in
> pthread_cond_timedwait is hit, causing tcp_worker to bail.
>
> rtlsdr_set_center_freq takes 1.09 seconds and is unrelated to the select
> call--that comes down immediately.  It is something to do with the
> rtlsdr library itself (or one of its dependencies).  Time to investigate
> more deeply.

I did a little test last night against the latest rtl_tcp code:

https://gist.github.com/3792676

On my Linux box, this script is able to command rtl_tcp to set the
sample rate and then tune successfully at 10Hz...

I would agree that there is something else causing the issues on your
system. Perhaps a USB issue?

Regards,
Simeon.