Padding patch and moving forward with EGPRS support/merge
Arvind.Sirsikar at radisys.com
Wed Mar 16 13:08:24 UTC 2016
Below are the patches we have identified for the MCS5 - MCS9 in UL activity for EGPRS.
1. Structure definition for EGPRS Header type 1 and 2 in UL.
2. Removing GMSK only check from UL TBF path present in gprs_rlcmac_pdch::rcv_data_block function.
3. Moving "LOGP(DRLCMACUL, LOGL_DEBUG, " UL data: %s\n", osmo_hexdump(data, len));" from function gprs_rlcmac_pdch::rcv_data_block
to entry of gprs_rlcmac_pdch::rcv_block function for ease in debugging and the TbfTest.err file modification.
4. Replacing Unnecessary copy constructor for GprsCodingScheme class objects by modifying the function prototype using reference variables.
int gprs_rlcmac_pdch::rcv_block_gprs(uint8_t *data, uint32_t fn,
struct pcu_l1_meas *meas, GprsCodingScheme cs);
Will be changed to
Int gprs_rlcmac_pdch::rcv_block_gprs(uint8_t *data, uint32_t fn,
struct pcu_l1_meas *meas, GprsCodingScheme &cs);
5. Decoding::rlc_parse_ul_data_header will be modified with calling separate parser function for
6. Member variable enum Mode m_scheme_type; will be added in class GprsCodingScheme and constructor GprsCodingScheme(Scheme s = UNKNOWN);
will be modified to GprsCodingScheme(Scheme s = UNKNOWN,Mode scheme_type = GPRS); and object creation will be modified accordingly along with
changes in isGprs() and isEgprs() member functions.
7. New parser function for GprsCodingScheme::HEADER_GPRS_DATA_TYPE_2 case with addition of Test cases in Unit test framework excluding padding case.
8. New parser function for GprsCodingScheme::HEADER_GPRS_DATA_TYPE_1 case with addition of new Test cases Unit test framework.
9. Handling of padding case in Header type 2 including Test case addition in Unit Test framework.
From: Holger Freyther [mailto:holger at freyther.de]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 1:04 AM
To: Saurabh Sharan <Saurabh.Sharan at radisys.com>
Cc: osmocom-net-gprs at lists.osmocom.org
Subject: Re: Padding patch and moving forward with EGPRS support/merge
> On 11 Mar 2016, at 14:34, Saurabh Sharan <Saurabh.Sharan at radisys.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> Based on your inputs and our analysis of the code bases( current master versus Radisys EGPRS) we propose following elements, each to be submitted in incremental patches for merge to master branch
> • Compression algorithm based on code tree
> • EPDAN decoding based on the code tree
> • PUAN encoding based on code tree
> • MCS 5-9 support in UL
> • Split block handling in UL
> • Split block generation in DL
> • Retransmission with Incremental redundancy
> • Relevant test suite updates as part of each of the item above
> Please let us know your feedback/suggestions for the same.
looks good in general. Please follow the general guideline, try to make small commits, update test results, add new tests. After each of the elements we should not only have a new feature, but better structure, better test coverage and throughput.
More information about the osmocom-net-gprs