Default build is broken since the 17th of January

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:13:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 02:22:23PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think given the low traffic on this list, it would be best to simply
>> > send the mails here.  Only build failure reports should be sufficient,
>> > build success is supposedly a normal event that needs no reporting here.
>>
>> I'm strongly against mixing human generated traffic and computer
>> generated traffic at the same mailing list.
>
> While I disagree, I respect your request (and will configure my incoming
> mail filter to file both lists into the same folder).

Thank you, I appreciate this.

>> Given the expected low traffic and low number of users, maintaining a
>> mailing list should not be a problem. If it's hard to host it at
>> lists.osmocom.org, I could host it on our domain, though having it at
>> the same domain as this mailing list looks more logical.
>
> It is not a problem to set up another list, takes about 1 minute.  It
> just means that people will have know about two lists and subscribe to
> two lists.  But well, as indicated, I have no strong feelings about it.

Let me elaborate a bit more - not to start an argument, just to make
my point to look less selfish. :)

I believe that only few active developers are interested in receiving
Jenkins traffic. Other "users" or less active developers will consider
this as a spam. And I don't want our list to be even nearly considered
as spammed. Using two lists is an "opt in" way, which is far more
friendly.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru