lack of progress in PCU patch merging / git (ab)use

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jan 16 21:35:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

jolly has gone through the effort to rebase all his changes on top of
current master.  How do we proceed from here?

My understanding was so far that Ivan is maintaining the PCU and
repsonsible for reviewing/merging any suggested changes.

The current 'jolly_merge' branch seems to work quite fine, especially
now with the fixes of the last two days.  I would appreciate if we could
get that merged, _before_ any other changes happen in master and again
cause fragmentation.

Alternatively, we could of course see if Jolly should be permitted to
generally push directly to master, or if all patches should be sent via
'git send-email' to this list, or if Jolly (or even I, but I know the
code not well and have too many other projects) should become a
co-maintainer of the project.

Let's work together to find a solution for the responsibilities and
workflow.  Thanks!