Question about Virtual-Um implementation

Ivan Babanov ivan.babanov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:04:41 UTC 2021

Hello all,

We trying to bring up set of BTS with virtual Um with different configurations:
1 BTS ->  1 TRX -> 1 MS works fine as expected
1 BTS -> 1 TRX -> 2 MS works fine as well
But I see some unpredictable behaviour when I have
1 BTS -> 2 TRX(872,873) -> 1 MS
MS can attach on one ARFCN (872) but when it tries to attach on 873
looks like PRACH does not reach BTS and I do not see Channel Request
on BSC side.

So, the question is it workable configuration:
Several TRX to 1 MS with different power level to allow MS to choose a
best cell to attach?

I have just one idea: to have several virtphy instances for MS
connected to different UDP ports.

Thank you
Vania