load based handover

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Nov 24 07:39:24 UTC 2017

Hi Neels,

please find the original discussion related to the "new" algorithm attached
for your reference, in case you were not aware of it.  It had meanwhile
been migrated to

https://osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki/Proposed_New_Handover_Algorithm

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 02:19:42AM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:

> And ... do you remember any high level conclusions from when you implemented
> the branch, things I should be aware of when testing and adopting the code? Did
> it work out as expected? How well tested is it?

I would also be interested in hearing about this.  We know that at least some
users were using it in the past, but that's already quite some time in the
past.  Would be great if those users could speak up and hence do their part
in contributing to the merge of a feature that they use.