Lack of maintenance for osmo-bts-trx

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Wed Apr 6 17:34:45 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:59 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Can you or somebody else interested in getting this resolved provide a
> full bug report, including
> * debug log output on OsmoNITB side for for the rsl and nm
> * debug log output on OsmoBTS side for oml / transceiver interface or
>   anything else related
> * pcap file of A-bis traffic between OsmoBTS and OsmoNITB, as well as
>   the control commands between osmo-bts-trx and osmo-trx

Yes. I can generate the traces at some point this week.

> The above is what to me seems like the "obvious" way to report a bug in
> order for other developers on this list to try to figure out what is
> causing the problem.   Maybe it's not as obvious to others and we should
> put together some guidelines in the wiki on this?

I think wiki guidelines on bug reporting would be quite valuable. The
range of users for Osmocom and OpenBTS is extremely wide - especially
with the latter. For many users and potential users, reporting bugs in
the manner suggested above is far from obvious.

  -TT