Lack of maintenance for osmo-bts-trx

Sipos Csaba sipos.csaba at kvk.uni-obuda.hu
Wed Apr 6 09:46:17 UTC 2016

Dear Harald,

As one of the few users of OsmoBTS/OsmoNITB with an USRP SDR, let me comment on this one.

First, I don't have any commercial interest in this, I am an academic researcher, and as most of us, the only way to be able to create a GSM network and test it is via an SDR.

For this reason I created and maintaining the Wiki article of how to get the full Osmocom stack to work with and Ettus SDR:

http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Ettus_USRP_B2xx_family

For the first few tries I was only able to get it work with a lot of non-master branches involved.

At this time, almost all non-master branches are now avoided, OsmoBTS is the only one that remains.

I wanted to update this Wiki article and debug the current failures with EDGE introduced on both the PCU/BTS and TRX end, but unfortunately I am now abroad and I don't have access to any USRP devices.

When I'll be back home, I am willing to take a closer look and try findig the issues, but that is 2 months away.

Regards,
Csaba