Guidelines for bug reports (was Re: Lack of maintenance for osmo-bts-trx)

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Apr 16 16:18:48 UTC 2016

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 10:34:45AM -0700, Tom Tsou wrote:
> I think wiki guidelines on bug reporting would be quite valuable. The
> range of users for Osmocom and OpenBTS is extremely wide - especially
> with the latter. For many users and potential users, reporting bugs in
> the manner suggested above is far from obvious.

I have started to put together something at
http://projects.osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/ReportingBugs
which should cover the main points.  It could be slightly expanded on an
example tcpdump statement with default capture filter,  but especially
in terms of logging configuration it is not possible to give a "one size
fits all" recommendation.

What do you think?

The page is not yet linked from other wiki pages, I plan to do that once
we make some more progress.