Fwd: OSMOCOM-BB HandOver

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jan 12 10:00:51 UTC 2019

Dear Muhammad,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 04:31:58PM +0500, Muhammad Awais Aslam wrote:
>   Hi,  Sorry for being so late for replying to this email. The person who
> was working with us on the handover code had left and we were not in the
> position to upload the code at that time. I have uploaded the code now on
> gerrit for review. I hope we would get some help to complete the handover
> implementation in osmocombb.
>
> Link to the uploaded code is: https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/5490/

Thanks againf or your submission.

It's saddening me that you've been one of the few people substantially working
on OsmocomBB in recent years, but yet the wider community is not able to benefit
from your work, as the code review has stopped at its very early stage one year ago.

Open Source projects *only* exist because people take the effort of contributing
to them.  And contribution doesn't mean simply to put some code somewhere, but to
work with the community and the maintainers to bring the code into merge-able form.

After more than one year has passed since your submission to gerrit, I
would like to encourage you to take some time to clean the patches up
and bring them into merge-able form.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,