nuttx-bb layout? inside or outside nuttx?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Sep 26 01:24:59 UTC 2016

Hi Craig,

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 01:32:55PM +0000, Craig Comstock wrote:
> I am working on porting nuttx-bb to fernvale (mediatek 6260/6261). I was
> starting work with gnutoo's sources which seem to be pulling osmocom-bb into
> nuttx/apps/osmocomBB and yet I feel like previous nuttx-bb was using osmocom
> alongside nuttx (so that osmocom-bb is kept by itself). This second layout
> seems better to me... so that osmocom-bb is more "preserved" as-is.

I agree, it would be bets to have it side-by-side

> I know there are differences in the code environments but it seems
> those could be handled by making macros in nuttx so that nuttx can
> compile osmocom code.

I'm not opposed to introducing macros / function tables / APIs /
whatever else in osmocom-bb to make it more portable.  So modifying
osmocom-bb is definitely possible - but it should always continue to
build + work "bare iron" outside the context of nuttx, at the very least
as long as that work regarding Nuttx hasn't completed fully for quite
some time.

Looking forward to your progress.