omsocombb not receiving calls

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:00:43 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 2:52 PM, robert <robert.steve07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn’t find anything useful yet. Everything seems normal during the IMSI
> attach procedure (location updating request, authentication
> request/response, identity request/response …), I can call and send SMS
> normally but the phone doesn’t get paged in any way. It seems strange that
> no differences can be seen during the IMSI attach procedure while some sim
> cards do not work.

The specs says it's possible to have paging channels on other time slots than 0.

I've never seen it any network do that and really not sure why they
would. But support for it is not implemented in osmocom-bb ...

Record the BCCH system infos messages and look for the CCCH description in them.

Cheers,

   Sylvain