Error: no such instruction: `eor %edx,%r15d,%r15d,ror'

Rusty Dekema rdekema at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:07:13 UTC 2014

To the best of my knowledge from when I first was trying to build
osmocom-bb, the error you are receiving is a result of gcc for Intel
x86/x86_64 trying to compile ARM code. There is no 'eor' instruction
for x86, which is why you get that error.

When you built the toolchain, you built a copy of gcc that compiles to
the ARM architecture. On your system, this compiler should be located
at /home/arslan/dir/install/bin/arm-elf-gcc. The message about
assuming arm-elf-gcc is inside the current path means your PATH
environment variable, not your current working directory. So, if you
add /home/arslan/dir/install/bin to your path environment variable,
the osmocom-bb build scripts will be able to find arm-elf-gcc there,
and you should not receive that error.

If you are using bash as your shell, you can accomplish this by
issuing the command:

export PATH=$PATH:/home/arslan/dir/install/bin

Cheers,
Rusty D