Error: no such instruction: `eor %edx,%r15d,%r15d,ror'

Ahmad Jan e10007a at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 11:46:27 UTC 2014

Hi...
I m trying to install osmocom-bb using following link:

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Software/GettingStarted

First of all i installed the Dependencies for the host.

Then for target dependencies, i build my own toolchain using following:

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GnuArmToolchain

This toolchain building processes ended up saying: "Build complete! Add
/home/arslan/dir/install/bin to your PATH to make arm-elf-gcc and friends
accessible directly."
(i don't know building my own toolchain is necessary or not).

Then i went back for building osmocom-bb

There i came across getting and updating the source.

But in building the source section, what it says is: " Compiling both the
target and the host code will happen with the following command. It assumes
that the *arm-elf-gcc* is* inside the current path.*"

I didn't understand it as my current path is osmocom-bb and there is no
arm-elf-gcc
Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Anyways, i just ignored it and went on executing the following command

cd src/
make

So i ended up with an error saying:
/home/arslan/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include/asm/swab.h:32: Error:
no such instruction: `eor %edx,%r15d,%r15d,ror'
make[4]: *** [gsmtap_util.lo] Error 1

I tried to figure it out from Internet. It really didn't work out.
M stuck at this point.
Can anyone help me resolving this problem?