What's the difference between the hello_world.e88flash.bin and hello_world.compalram.bin

Nico Golde osmocom at ngolde.de
Mon Jan 21 21:01:44 UTC 2013

Hi,
* qiuhan1989 <qiuhan1989 at gmail.com> [2013-01-21 21:45]:
> Thank you for your replying!
> I see that difference. When I try to run the following command, it works,
> but if I change FIRMWARE.compalram.bin to FIRMWARE.e88flash.bin, there is no
> result.

It's just not intended to be used like that. These firmwares
are used by the osmocom loader in case you want to flash an
application. For more information regarding flashing firmwares see
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/flashing

> $ ./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor
> ../../target/firmware/board/PHONE_TYPE/FIRMWARE.compalram.bin
>
> And one more further question, if I want to write a firmware file by myself,
> how can I manage to compile it running in ram or flash?

Have a look at src/target/firmware/Makefile, you can
basically generate both versions by adding your
application there.

Cheers
Nico