sylvain/testing: apps/trx/trx.c: inttypes.h:No such file or directory

Erich Dachleger edachleger at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 11:39:06 UTC 2013

Hi list,
Yesterday when I tried to to make a new build of sylvain/testing  I encountered following errors when running make(and also when running make HOST_layer23_CONFARGS=--enable-transceiver):
--------------------------------------
make -C target/firmware CROSS_COMPILE=arm-elf-
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware'
apps/trx/trx.c:22:22: inttypes.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware'
apps/trx/trx.c:22:22: inttypes.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `apps/trx/trx.p', needed by `all'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware'
make: *** [firmware] Error 2

Master branch builds fine on backtrack 5 r2  and so did also Sylvain/testing earlier. Searching mailing-list gives  some info that removing inttypes.h can be done as that "is taken care of by upstrean libosmocore".However I have read that inntypes.h should exist.
I tested and removed inttypes.h in trx/trx.c. Recompiling gives an error message about parse error before debug-message PRIu32 on line 69 in trx/trx.c. Commenting out that line makes it build, but as info obtained earlier I now guess I have also removed some key-functionality and my approach is wrong?

Further searching gave some unclear/vague(mostly for other situations) hints that the line  #include <inttypes.h> could be replaced by:
#ifdef HAVE_STDINT_H
#include <stdint.h>
#else
#include <include <inttypes.h>
#endif
I tested replacing #include <inttypes.h>  by the abovein trx.c also but it didn't work.
Any ideas or hints what migh be wrong?

Enclosed is the full build-error-log from running without making any changes to inttypes.h.
Regards
erich