GSM test sets (HP 8922M, for instance..)

John Case case at SDF.ORG
Mon Oct 8 05:59:07 UTC 2012

Peter,

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012, Peter Stuge wrote:

>> I know I need to get a 8322A expansion for the unit - any other
>> details I should look out for ?
>
> That's the 1800 MHz option, yes? Maybe you want 1900 instead. There
> are also goodies like the improved performance 10 MHz reference.

The (obsolete) product page for 83220A says " ... expands the capabilities
of the Agilent 8922 family to comprehensively test DCS 1800 and PCS 1900
equipment..."

So do I understand that by itself, the unit handles 900 and 850, and the
add-on gives it 1800 and 1900 ?