Meaning of LOST message

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 23:19:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:41:58PM +0200, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
>
>> LOST 3054!
>>
>> What would this LOST 3054! say ? It does not sound good anyway, but at
>> this point I am not skilled enough to read OsmocomBB logs.
>
> This is the output of some code I wrote a while ago in order to detect
> when our CPU is too busy in the GSM L1 and thus looses one interrupt.
> When we enter the L1S (synchronouos part of L1) in FIQ mode, further
> FIQs are disabled and remain disabled until L1S returns from FIQ.
>
> If the overall time takes longer than the 4000 quarter-bit-clocks
> between two TDMA interrupts, then we print that LOST message.
>
> However, the LOST detection logic is not 100% perfect, either.  So if
> you see the occasional message here and there it is fine.  If you see a
> sequence of them, I would say it is an indication of a problem.

Hi Harald,
thanks for this explanation.

Seen that I had problems connecting, which seems to be due to missing
SIM, I suspected on things. Since I do not have experience to dig into
the logs yet, I asked for some explanations. This make it more clear,
and I will investigate SIM problems now.

BR,
Drasko