Documentation for 'mobile' in the wiki

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jan 29 06:17:16 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I think it is desparately needed that we write more documentation about the
'mobile' program in our wiki.  It just occurred to me today that no such
page exists so far, and I've created it at
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/mobile

I believe a simple reference of commands is not even all that important (after
all, there is 'list' in the telnet interface), but somethnig like common
scenarios like

* behaving like a normal phone with cell-selection (using real sim)
* behaving like a normal phone with cell-selection (using simulated sim)
* how to lock to a certain ARFCN/cell
* how to manually trigger location area update
* how to send/receive sms
* how to make mo/mt phone call

It would be great if some of the more experienced people would find a
couple of minutes to contribute to it.  Thanks a lot in advance.