Motorola usb cable

Wolfram Sang wolfram at the-dreams.de
Fri Jan 21 10:09:31 UTC 2011

> To make it work you have to recompile the module pl2303, with this patch
> (my kernel is 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.i686). Be careful to setup the right
> values in the kernel root Makefile in order to fit your running kernel.

Not necessarily. You should also be able to check without recompiling.

Just go to the drivers-directory in sysfs:

cd /sys/bus/usb/drivers/<driver>

and echo the data to the file new_id (as root):

echo "067b 0307" > new_id

This should bind the driver to the new_id.

@Dario: Will you upstream your patch? (Check the whitespaces before with
checkpatch.pl)

Regards,

   Wolfram