Mediatek MT6235 status (Sciphone G2)

kevin granade kevin.granade at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:57:40 UTC 2011

<SNIP awesome announcement details>

First I'd like to just say it's awesome that you are doing this, I've
been following the various efforts to get open software on phones, and
your progress is heartening.

> Unfortunatelly OPIE has a lot of elements on boarders of screen (scrolling,
> application close, etc.) and Sciphone's touchscreen has pretty bad quality
> and it doesn't work well. You have to be patient while operating it. In the
> middle of screen it works pretty well. I'm going to improve touchscreen
> driver, so hopefully it'll work better.

One thing you might want to look into is translating the touchscreen
interface into a touchpad interface.  I use this setup when using VNC
to connect to a desktop system remotely from my phone, and having the
absolute events translated to relative events seems to be the most
usable option for interacting with the tiny desktop elements.

Thanks,
Kevin

<SNIP awesome progress details>