SMS status?

Andrew Reusch areusch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:41:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I work in a research lab and we're interested in using your stack to send
SMS. I've got some time on my hands and a working OpenBTS stack (USRP), so I
will probably go ahead and start implementing it in the mobile app. Before I
start I just wanted to ask first about the status of mobile-originated SMS?
I saw some traffic in the archives a few months back from Gianni about
mobile-terminated SMS, but nothing recent about mobile-originated SMS.

Barring that, any suggestions on where to start? :) I'm kinda new here.

Assuming I get something solid working, I'd of course be willing to
contribute it back to the codebase.

Thanks,
Andrew