OsmocomBB.TCH.

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Mon Oct 4 11:38:55 UTC 2010

Hello Nordin,

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:43:36 +0200, "Nordin" <bouchtaoui at gmail.com> wrote:
>   Maybe he needs just a simple example how you guys do that. That might
> help him to see some logic in the code and can pick it up quickly. Also,
> you never know what experience he has, maybe with some help he can help
> you back more. But than again, it's all up to your free time, which is
> always too short.

The code I used when I started to implement the TCH in Layer-1 will
no longer work with the current version of OsmocomBB so it is of
no help. This means I have to rewrite it and test it to be sure
that it works as expected which will take some time, time as you
already mentioned, is my free time and this free time is valuable.

I have the impression that in this case a quite detailed explanation
including a working example is necessary and some hints won't help
but only result in more questions. Although it might sound harsh,
but knowledge in GSM and being able to read/understand/modify foreign
source code is necessary, noone can expect this to learn here by
asking the list.

If one takes OsmocomBB as it is and registers to a cell and
makes a call, the logging output should give a lot of hints
what calls to L1CTL have to be done.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de