l1test hangs

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:24:41 UTC 2010

Hi

> This weekend I had my first try with a C123, and everything seemed to
> work great from the start.
> But suddenly when uploading l1test.bin to the phone, it seems to hang
> after the first three ARFCN's found, like so:
>
> [snip]
>
> When I press any button of the phone it continues by showing the
> remaining ARFCNs, but nothing else:

That's probably just console buffering. If at some point the buffer
was nearly full, the 'per-line' flushing will be disabled and so some
lines may get stuck until the next output (which happen with the key
pressed/released.

> ARFCN  43: -103 dBm
> ARFCN  85: -103 dBm
> ARFCN  87: -103 dBm
> ARFCN 105: -103 dBm
> ARFCN 115: -103 dBm
> ARFCN 123: -103 dBm
> ARFCN  96: -104 dBm
> Starting FCCH Recognition
> key=12 pressed
> key=12 released
>
> I also noticed the dBm values,  all channels are barely above the
> noise floor, right?

Yes, that's also probably why there is no more output ... no way to
sync to anything.

> Does anybody have tips on how to get running again?

Reconnect the antenna ? That output looks like mine when I had the
phone open and the antenna not connected ...

    Sylvain