OsmocomBB Layer1 progress

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jun 26 13:38:18 UTC 2010

Hi all!

JFYI: The AGC control in L1 is now active.  At least it didn't make things
worse for me.  Maybe people who have had problems acquiring weak cells
should give it a try again.

I've also fixed some compile problems due to a missing header file,
and there is now a L1CTL_DM_REL_REQ where Layer23 can explicitly release
the dedicated mode and return to idle mode.

Right now the 'mobile' program (specifically gsm322/gsm48_rr) issue another
L1CTL_PM_REQ after a location update reject hap[pens, i.e. layer1 is still
in dedicated mode but it gets some power measurements.  This results in
L1 trying to do Transmit in parallel with power measurements and it
crashes at some point.

I suggest to add the L1CTL_DM_REL_REQ into the state machine, I suppose
it should avoid that problem.