Trouble building Osmocom

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:07:42 UTC 2010

> Maybe he's good in programming embedded stuff, this has purely to do with
> Linux specific builds and nothing to do with coding/decoding gsm stuff.

I never meant otherwise in my previous message. But basic knowledge /
problem solving of the build system is a requirement IMHO, especially
in this project (that includes both host and target code with even
some shared code between the two).

I also looked up his history on the various mailing lists before
posting this and this is not the first build problem with GSM related
projects so I would expect him to learn from previous experience.

Also, when I see a message with :

----
zaki at zaki-desktop:~/gnuarm-4.0.2/bin$ file ./arm-elf-gcc
./arm-elf-gcc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.1, stripped
zaki at zaki-desktop:~/gnuarm-4.0.2/bin$ uname -a
Linux zaki-desktop 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17
01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux
----

And he still asks what's wrong ? An embedded programmer that doesn't
know he can't just run binaries from one architecture onto another
architecture ...

> By the way, he can always learn...

I know, that's why there is a "quite just yet" at the end. That's
exactly what I implied: that he learns that first and then come back.

Cheers,

    Sylvain