socket running problem

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jul 17 23:59:51 UTC 2010

Dev Purohit wrote:
> i'm not  expert with linux system yet

Maybe you know a bit about C though? While strace is a Linux utility
it simply shows the system calls (from application to kernel) that
are made. Some are obviously Linux-specific, but some should be
recognized from other systems.

> kindly help me to interpret. where is problem ?
..

> 04:36:51.881845 socket(PF_FILE, SOCK_STREAM, 0) = 3

A UNIX socket is created, with file descriptor 3 returned for this
socket.

> 04:36:51.882040 connect(3, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/tmp/osmocom_loader"}, 21) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

But connecting this socket (3 in the app) to the socket
/tmp/osmocom_loader in the filesystem fails with errno=ENOENT, and
the meaning of that error code is printed in plain english at the
very end of the line: (No such file or directory)

So the UNIX socket that osmoload wants to connect to does not exist.
Make sure that the program which creates that socket is actually
running.

//Peter