27c3 videos

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Thu Dec 30 21:03:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 07:31:24PM +0000, Jason wrote:
> I found the videos at [1], but I don't have an iphone...  Are the
> videos available in different formats?  Apparently, Apple's HTTP
> streaming, segmented mpeg-ts is rather new [2] and there isn't much
> support for it.
>
> I found how to create them [3] and code [4] to create the playlist
> and segments, but nothing on how to play them or cat them back
> together.
>
> I tried using ffmpeg to convert them the mpeg-ps files, then catting
> them together (from the ffmpeg manual).  This worked, except that
> the audio went out of sync, and every five seconds the screen goes
> grey because of the original file boundaries.
>
> Any pointers?

There will be official recordings with high quality recordings, but for now

http://27c3.hightech-lowlife.net/%5B3952%5D%20Running%20your%20own%20GSM%20stack%20on%20a%20phone/20101229-181502.wmv.mkv

works nicely with mplayer -aspect 16:9

You might also find other useful pointers at

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/wiki/Documentation

p.s. besause of this video I'm now owner of C118 :-)

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin